1. A poster wheatpasted on Ninth Ave. for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: looks like a poster for a law firm.
2. Rob Halford, hard up for cash? He should allow Trader Joe's to adapt one of his songs: "Hell-bent, hell-bent for . . . fruit leather! Only 27 cents, by the register . . . "
3. Prince should cover Pulp's "Common People."
4. Do you have your Buddha Machine yet?
5. Songs in which the singer laughs:
George Formby, "Cleaning Windows"
Bob Dylan, "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream"
The Beatles, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
New Order, "Every Little Counts"