Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday I'm in love...

...with linking! Yes.

1.
This week, Jennifer Flowers of the Shreveport Times wrote about Fender Tucker, whose homegrown Ramble House imprint has put out books by (and about) Harry Stephen Keeler. Reporters who call me about anything Keeler-related, beware: I'm unable to stop talking about him! Still, Flowers managed to extract a reasonably intelligent-sounding quote. Three cheers for Fender!

2.
The New York Observer tells us that Tucker Carlson is a Charles Portis fan! (The Observer link will go bad in a week, so this is what he said: "I’m reading Charles Portis, Masters of Atlantis and Norwood. I have one here with me in the city and the other up in Maine. They’re excellent. Next I have Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx Is Burning by Jonathan Mahler, but I haven’t started it yet.")

3.
And scientists at my father's alma mater cloned a dog! The Dog of the South . . . South Korea, that is. The copied canine's moniker is "Snuppy," a portmanteau of SNU (Seoul National University) and "puppy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats