Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HMMM.

Sweeney alerted me to this: "Cronenberg sets 'Cosmopolis': Director Bringing DeLillo's Novel to the Screen":

PARIS -- David Cronenberg is teaming up with Portuguese producer Paulo Branco to bring Don DeLillo's novel "Cosmopolis" to the screen.

Cronenberg will helm and also adapt the 2003 novel for the screen. Story follows a 28-year-old multimillionaire on a 24-hour odyssey across Manhattan. Considered one of America's leading novelists, DeLillo's most acclaimed works include "White Noise" and "Underworld."


To which I replied, enigmatically, "Hmmm. HMMM. Hmmm."

To which he replied: "Huh?"

To which I replied: Cosmopolis has already been made into a movie—the woefully underrated Game Six!

DeLillo's script is about a guy who goes on an all-day odyssey across 47th Street!

It is blasphemous to say I'm fonder of Game Six than Cosmopolis?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger John Mark said...

I couldn't stand Game Six, and I'm even a Mets fan...and a Delillo fan. It was like watching a college drama project adapted for film.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ed Park said...

You're breakin' my heart, buddy!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

I think I may be with you, Ed. Does seem like a strange choice given Game Six. But I guess I shouldn't second guess Cronenberg!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Ed Park said...

I think Cronenberg will do something good -- but wouldn't it have been amazing if he'd chosen, say, Ratner's Star?! Or Running Dog?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats