Monday, May 05, 2008

Abridged Table-Talk of Parkus Grammaticus for Monday, May 5, 2008

I. Time to pre-order Personal Days!

II. John Darnielle is blogging at Powell's...or wait—it looks like he just finished. (I will be blogging there next month.)

III. Side B of the Psychic Envelopes' Cryspace now available as a Muxtape!

IV. Remind me to return my library book!

V. Via Linksmeister General Thomas: "The question of an international language has now become important..." (1936)

Learn the International System Of TYpographic Picture Education! (Is there a term for an acronym in which the first two letters of one word get snatched up, as above?)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen DeWitt said...

I love Neurath. He is the member of the Vienna Circle who kept shouting Metaphysik! while Wittgenstein's Tractatus was presented. Finally he was told this was disruptive. He first said he would just say M! Then he thought again, and said if anything came up that was NOT metaphysics he would say Non-M! This would save a lot of time.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats