Wednesday, April 16, 2008

He's got legs

I wasn't going to read this NYT article on Captain America creator Joe Simon, but I'm glad I did, because it ends with this anecdote...a setup to today's Dizzies Trivia Challenge!

Comics may still cause Mr. Simon agitation, but they also introduced him to his wife, Harriet, who was a secretary at Harvey Comics. (She died in 1972.) “I met her when I came from the war in my military outfit,” he said. She asked him to pull up his pant legs. He dutifully agreed. “What did you want to see?” he asked.

“ ‘I won’t go out with a guy with pasty white legs,’ ” he recalled as her response. “I didn’t ask her if I passed the test, but we went out.” They were married for 25 years.

The question is: Which classic ’30s comedy ends with a woman asking her prospective husband to show her his legs?

* * *

And a late-day reminder—come see me read tonight and maybe have some wine (?) at the Mercantile Library at 7! (More info? Why not check out ed-park.com?!)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Arlo Ogg said...

The Shop Around the Corner!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats