Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dungeons and Dragons weekend

I. People review modules on Amazon
5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun!, November 9, 2004
By Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)
A3: Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords is an AD&D (1st edition) adventure module for six to nine characters of level four to seven. This module picks up immediately after A2: Secret of the Slavers Stockade, when the player characters (PCs) have arrived at the next link in the slavers' chain. Their tracing of the slavers has brought them through untold dangers, and this module continues that. Following the maps that they obtained brings the PCs to a hidden city, the city of the Slave Lords. But, attacking their stronghold directly would be suicide. What can the PCs do?

This module is the third in a series of four. These modules are generally considered four of the finest modules to come out of AD&D 1st edition, and no one should skip past them. This module also has a great story, great villains, and great tricks and traps, but what sets this module apart is that the players must move about a city, attracting no attention and finding a way to get to the Slave Lords. It's really quite a lot of fun! By the way, this module has one new monster, the Storoper.

So, if you are running an AD&D campaign, and want to treat your players to one of the best adventures every written, then get this module!


II. The Brooklyn Eagle interviews Dizzyhead LaFarge: "I work at the Manhattan library doing research, which is right near the store where I used to buy my Dungeons & Dragons stuff..."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Levi Stahl said...

That reminds me of my current favorite Amazon review, which I happened across yesterday. It's of Magnificent Catastrophe, by Edward J. Larson, and to accompany three stars it offers the following:
"I got this for my dad for Christmas and was kind of disappointed when I saw a small rip in the front cover...but it did come quickly!"

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats