Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Pillow Book of Parkus Grammaticus

Back when the Likes/Dislikes meme started, I drafted a longish and quite confusing introduction that jumped off a recent viewing of Chris Marker's Sans Soleil and that film's use of the Pillow Book of Sei Shonagon. I deleted it—basically the point was that the lists of "Things to stop the heart" or whatever struck me as related to the whole L/D form. Now, recently, and coincidentally, both Selfdivider and I've Been Reading Lately have blogged about the PB...so I'm off the hook!

(And of course everything can be related to this.)

Two technical notes:

1. Jenny tells me that if you align a photo "left" (rather than "center") in a blog post, the reader will be able to click on it to enlarge. Did not know that!

2. Though I've tagged all the various "Likes and Dislikes" entries, if you click on the tag (try it here), you only get to read the most recent 20 entries. Annoying!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mollie said...

But I can click-to-enlarge photos on my blog that are centered or right-aligned... What am I missing?

3:30 AM  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It must have something to do with browsers--I was grumbling one day about how I couldn't do the enlarge thing and my friend Wendy explained, and she was quite right...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jen Snow said...

I am also often annoyed by Blogger's limit of the last-20 tags only glitch. Maybe we should learn to write code?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Ed -- You can show more than 20 label posts if you add "?max-results=9999" onto the end of the URL. Like this. (Doesn't have to be "9999", it could be any large number that you don't expect to reach any time soon.)

This page shows how to edit your Blogger template so your label links always show that many.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Ed Park said...

Thanks, Scott! (Great Brautigan post today, btw...)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats