Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dizzies Press Release for 826 NYC film festival

From Jen Snow:

Each morning this summer, when I walk in to work, I've had to confront a green screen and a millipede. The kids in 826NYC's summer filmmakers workshop weren't even half as intimidated I was. Cameras and lights and special effects screens and a very big and very gross insect — all in a day's work for them. I sat at my computer and was throughly impressed with their work, and with the work of the students in our various video-based workshops over the last two years.

I'd like to invite you to join me at ERASERS FOR BREAKFAST: The 826NYC Film Festival, an evening of student work that we will present at BAM Rose Cinemas Wednesday night. It's free. And it's such an honor to be able to screen this work at BAM.

You'll see the world premiers of THE MILLIPEDE and SUPER HAS-BEENS; documentary shorts A TYPE OF STEREO, SUPERIOR BUS 31, and AN INTRO TO YU GI OH; HELP ME!, a claymation loosely based on the Pied Piper; EVERYTHING SONG, a music video for a song written, directed, sung by, and starring students; last summer's hits DOOMSDAY IN THE USA and DEATH IS CALLING; and an animated short about the escape plot of a french fry and a chicken nugget in ADVENTURES OF BUDDY AND FRY.

Tickets are free and don't have to be reserved in advance, but if you want to make sure there's a seat, write or call me (jennifer@826nyc.org or 718.499.9884) and I'll leave your name at the box office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats