Monday, July 09, 2007

Too late to stop now

I can't remember how I came across this blog—but it's fun if you're a Van Morrison fan: Patrick Maginty runs down his favorite VM albums, starting (I think?) with #36...he's down to #3. And he isn't just listing them, but writing full-fledged appreciations...(Earlier, he ran down his top 100 VM songs.)

* * *

Over at the Poetry Foundation, Ron Regé, Jr. has an electrifying version of a Kenneth Patchen poem. (Did you know that he's the drummer for the excellent Lavender Diamond?!)

* * *

Get rich quick scheme:
1) Find the cutest kitten
2) Buy/acquire it
3) Turn it into a cat model (for cat food, etc.)
4) = $$!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Levi Stahl said...

Thanks for the link to the Van Morrison albums. Odd coincidence: yesterday at work I listened to nothing but Van Morrison, so I'm totally in the mood to read someone's appreciations of him.

I once dreamed a whole Van Morrison concert, played in my dorm room while I laid in bed. It was a great dream.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

You guys have better dreams than I do--Ed, did you post your monastery dream yet?!? (I wish I could go and live in a monastery.)

NB I need a kitten--I have promised one to a seven-year-old of my acquaintance, with his mother's permission--only I am too caught up in work and stress to fulfill my promise, especially given complicated paperwork-adoption-type stuff. This is not really appropriate for a main Dizzies posting, but if anybody knows of kittens (non-feral) that need a home, preferably not with complicated paperwork situations, I would be very grateful?!?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats