Saturday, July 08, 2006

The reptile house

Very funny piece up at McSweeney's: "Godzilla's Journal," by Sean Hewlett.

Sample entry:

June 16—Feelings of depression kicking in. On top of the weight gai
n, I noticed today that I bear a strong resemblance to Cookie Monster. Must do something to get out of this funk.

* * *

And following up on assorted Velvets musings, the Light Reader has scanned and sent me the lyrics to the most amazing Lou Reed song, "The Original Wrapper," off of his 1986 album Mistrial. In interviews at the time, Reed had taken to heart the idea that his occasionally talky style of singing was an early influence on hip hop. He probably should have let the matter rest, as couplets like "Yippies, Hippies, and upwardly mobile Yuppies/Don't treat me like I'm some damn lackey" don't exactly help his case.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

You know, if I had realized you were going to post it, I probably could actually have rotated those images....

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats