Tuesday, January 25, 2005

"Dirty Dream #2 (Slight Return)" b/w "Under the Sign of Sontag (8)"

Two dreams I came across in my notes (please note, there is a parental advisory issued for dream #1):

1. 9/19/04: A modernist cube of a prep-school library, chocolate-colored brick more than glass. Near a commissary, a somewhat elderly attendant was intoning some sort of greeting/advisory that sounded more like a Sphinxian riddle, and was (also) in fact a passage from *Macbeth*, for which it was possible he was rehearsing. I passed by this part of the building several times. The books I was drawn to were shelved in the corner, at the top of a rather family-home-style set of stairs. The information on the shelves was tantalizing, if somehow inaccurate, promising (e.g.) books by/on Russell Hoban, Edgar Rice Burroughs; those books seemed to be somewhere else, an instance of inventory outpacing signage. The books before me seemed to keep changing. I was thrilled (moreso than I might be in real life) however to see mass-market paperback thrillers, some of which might have been real. I believe there were some James Bond books (written post–Ian Fleming). I repaired to the lavatory to urinate several times (hence hearing the lines “from” Macbeth) before my body, taking the hint, awoke.

2.
Dream of 10/23-4, 2004: I gave an impromptu talk for some houseguests, whose number included Susan Sontag. It seemed to go on for hours—the talk, the dream—and I was utterly charming.

3 Comments:

Blogger H. Nakajima said...

Great Blog, check out this business. This is the Goose that lays you Golden Eggs! home based mlm business opportunity

Enjoy!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Richpoo said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of nutrition sports.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats