Monday, April 19, 2010

Starry eyes

Mildly bummed by this one-star reception of Personal Days on Amazon ("I'd rather drive spikes into my forehead than read this again"—ouch!), I was thrilled today to see this wonderful review by Robert Dupont of Brooklyn, which manages to invoke both The Magic Mountain and Charles Portis! Thanks! I needed that!

(What's that? No, I do not obsessively check my Amazon page every two hours...why do you ask?)


II. From Andre Agassi's memoir Open, which I'm live-blogging:

"Stratton Mountain, I conclude, is my magic mountain. My anti-Wimbledon..."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger John Mark said...

10 bucks says that fellow was laid off in the last year and is still sore about it.

4:56 PM  
Blogger AndrewEisenman said...

Keep in mind that the one-star reviewers of your book also write reviews like this one, on handbags:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A20CR5MK7Q8M6Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp

I am all for opinions, but the voicers of opinions should also be rated.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats