Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Ourobori


Angela writes: “As an Archaeologist, I wanted my first tattoo to be something related to culture. The Ouroborus is an ancient symbol of a serpent biting its tail and has been a part of a number of cultures and beliefs including (but not limited to!) Egyptian, Greek (who “borrowed” it from the Phoenicians and gave it the name “ouroborus” meaning “tail-eater”), Norse, Chinese, Aztec, Hindu, and various Native American Indian mythologies. The snake in my tattoo is a custom piece by my tattooist, but the writing is straight from the earliest-known drawing of the Ouroborus in the Chrysopoeia of Cleopatra drawn around 1600BC.
Discover's Science Tattoo Emporium

(From Dzyd Ed)


(Courtesy Jawbone/amannamedme)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats