Monday, January 26, 2009

Table-Talk of Parkus Grammaticus for January 26, 2009

I. "I think that the whole world of Kafka is to be found in a far more complex way in the stories of Henry James." —Borges interview, The Paris Review
(Via.)

II.
L.G. Thos. sends this "keen observation by John Banville": "Who but Nabokov would invent a villain with an x in each of his names?"

Dzyd trivia: Name that villain!

III. Supplementary VN trivia from me: What VN book, turned into a film with Anna Karina, interestingly features a character named Dorianna Karenina?

IV. Most of the stories in Stephen King's Night Shift were originally published in Cavalier (?). Two (including "Children of the Corn") were published in Penthouse. One story appeared in Cosmopolitan, another in Maine (?), and another in Gallery (?).

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jawbone Catrep Dyer said...

Name that villain!

Axel Rex

What VN book, turned into a film with Anna Karina, interestingly features a character named Dorianna Karenina?

Laughter in the Dark

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ed Park said...

Right! Axel Rex *also* from LITD!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Another Borges quote on James: "I have visited some literatures of the East and West; I have compiled an encyclopedic anthology of fantastic literature; I have translated Kafka, Melville, and Bloy; I know of no stranger work than that of Henry James."

9:38 AM  
Blogger thatbob said...

"Who but Nabokov would invent a villain with an x in each of his names?"

My first guess would have been Stan Lee, but I can think of no concrete X-amples.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats