Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ed Park reading on 10/19 and 10/23!

I thought I'd refer to myself in the third person!

1. This Sunday, 10/19, I'll be reading something shortish (PD excerpt? "A Note to My Translator"? something that I cook up between now and then?) at Pianos for an Obama/Biden fundraiser. The lineup: Paul Beatty (The White Boy Shuffle and Slumberland), Nick Flynn (Another Bullshit Night in Suck City), Elissa Schappell (Use Me), Gary Shteyngart* (Absurdistan and The Russian Debutante's Handbook), Anthony Swofford (Jarhead and Exit A), and actress Lili Taylor.

(Pianos: 158 Ludlow St. Event goes from 7:30 to 9. Trains: F or V to Second Ave. JMZ or F to Delancey St. $25 admission, which you should fulfill on the website pre-event, goes to the Obama/Biden campaign. I think I am even paying for the privilege to read!)

[Weirdly, this turned up last night: "Ed Park is a Democrat."]

2. Next Thursday (10/23), I'll be reading at the Asian American Writers' Workshop. Also reading: Monica Ferrell, author of the novel The Answer Is Always Yes.

(AAWW: 10 W. 32nd St., btw Bwy & 5th Ave., 10th floor; event starts at 7; suggested $5 donation.)




------------
*Mr. Shteyngart joins an elite group of brave writers who have shared the stage with me twice. The other members are Rivka Galchen and Chuck Klosterman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats