Saturday, June 07, 2008

Goodnight, Gorilla

I. Loved Levi's post about imaginary books in works of fiction, inspired by his recent reading of Nabokov's excellent (dare I say underrated?) The Real Life of Sebastian Knight; and now he's posted a follow-up that also describes a Nabokov-inspired dream.

II. Not that I should start another blog, but this sounds like a good collaborative blog project? It could be set up, alphabetically, along the lines of Parkus Grammaticus....any interest?

III. TRLOSK features a title, The Prismatic Bezel, that I've squirreled away into another fiction: This crazed essay arguing that Salinger wrote Lolita.

IV. EP trivia: I squirreled a name I invented out of that essay—and into Personal Days.
What is it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Levi Stahl said...

I think you're right: a collaborative blog approach to cataloging the imaginary library would undoubtedly work best. My plan for now is just to take note as I read, which is haphazard but has the virtue of requiring almost no work.

Oh, and I think I'm renaming this the Invisible Library rather than the Imaginary Library. 'Cause I can.

9:40 AM  
Blogger thatbob said...

Better than a collaborative blog might be a Wiki, which would leave open the possibility that a world of contributors might be able to collectively assemble the contents to some of the more eminent titles, even while peppering the catalog with their own invisible creations.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats