Thursday, February 14, 2008

Table-talk of Parkus Grammaticus for February 14

I. Now that I've gotten everyone hooked on spotting Ourobori...what about occurrences of the number "26"?! The number of letters in the alphabet...mystical...powerful...yes......

I remember being on the verge of 26 and reading that there were 26 volumes to the Warren Commission Hearings on the Kennedy assassination...

Yesterday, reading the somewhat peculiar piece on the suitcase-bearing ladies of Deal or No Deal, I learned that there were 26 of those containers.

The models themselves dismiss the notion that they are little more than eye candy.

“I would be very upset if someone said that to me,” said Lindsay Clubine, bearer of suitcase No. 26. “The girls here are involved in a lot of different charities.”


II.
The Times loves The Slug Bearers of Kayrol Island, the collaboration between cartoonist Ben Katchor and Mark Mulcahy (ex–Miracle Legion), now at the Vineyard...Parkus Grammaticus similarly raved about the original production three years ago at the Kitchen. Go see it! Because I'm probably not going to! Alas! Duncan! Too young! Gotta stay home!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats