Friday, December 15, 2006

Rosie the riveter

Oh, Rosie!

"To say 'ching chong' to someone is very offensive, and some Asian people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. Which I was like, 'Really? I didn't know that.'"
In related news: Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow when Sarah Silverman was interviewed by the Times in the wake of the Michael Richards racist-tirade flap, and wasn't asked about her own controversial race-baiting joke (the infamous "I hate ch--ks"*) and escalating/incensing non-apologies)? (In the piece, she's reminded only of Mel Gibson's drunken rant.)

My question: Why demand an apology? Better to just point out the problem, agitate, etc., and if the person in question wants to apologize, so be it. (A forced/pressured apology seems barely preferable to no apology at all.)

(More on Rosie at Angry Asian Man.)

*that's not "chicks"...or "chunks"...or "cheeks"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats