Wednesday, July 26, 2006

X jones


Courtesy the Light Reader, here's a delightful post from a blog called Ben and Alice, riffing off a Poynter report on the various uses of the letter X, and quoting from Poe's whimsical bit of printer's devilishness, "X-ing a Paragrab."

For an even more mysterious take on language, go here.

* * *

My search for today's Keeler cover image led me to this intriguing site (for "Miskatonic University Press"!), where the proprietor has compiled a list of fictions containing footnotes (and fictions containing indexes). X-haustive!

* * *

Apart from X. Jones, Keeler's got another X-titled book, The Search for X-Y-Z (which I haven't read). And to continue on this alphabetical track, the sort-of-sequel to X. Jones is one of my favorite Keelers, Y. Cheung, Business Detective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats