Sunday, February 03, 2008

Killer plants

Celebrities! I imagine it's rare that they're asked what books they're reading! Or maybe they're asked that question in every interview and it's always The Fountainhead or Rumi or something!

So that's why I liked this: Dave Itzkoff gets Bill Hader (SNL) to talk about his favorite recent horror reads. (It made me feel mildly bad for my uncharitable mention of Hot Rod, two posts ago.) Check it out!:

After I read “Day of the Triffids,” I read “The Ruins,” a Scott Smith book that’s also about killer plants. Now I’m afraid of plants.

That's pretty good!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

"Day of the Triffids" is a work of utter genius...

8:56 PM  
Blogger Levi Stahl said...

True, true. The Triffids are very scary.

And The Ruins is very scary, too, if you don't think about it too hard. Too much time spent trying to flesh out fairly boring characters, but they're made up for by some sufficiently scary--and very surprising--moments.

9:03 PM  
Blogger GH said...

A movie of The Ruins is coming soon!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats